Aliyah on My Mind

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

My Aliyah vs. Parnassah Debate...

Welcome to my new blog! I started this as a way to express my excitement, angst and fears about making aliyah (immigrating to Israel). You're welcome to join me in the blogosphere as I navigate through the maze of decisions and bureaucracy. My blog will also contain plenty of mundane, day-to-day non-aliyah stuff, such as info about my pets, making a living, my pathetic love life, family, etc. Sorry in advance if that stuff bores you, but hey, it's my life.

You've probably heard the joke:

How do you become a millionaire in Israel?
You go there with two million!
Well, that pretty much sums it up for me right now. I'd love to go, but how will I make a living? I'm a real estate agent in the States; could I pass the test (in Hebrew?) to be a Realtor in Israel? Could I make a living after the government takes out taxes??

1 Comments:

  • Hello Yaakova,

    to move to israel - do you really need to pass a hebrew test?
    Your blog seems interesting - i`m going to read it through.
    I found your blog on "carmias" blog

    Shalom :-)

    By Blogger :-), at 7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home