Aliyah on My Mind

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Note to Friends and Family: No, I'm Not Crazy

Here's another reason for starting a blog: I'm tired of seeing the look on the faces of my secular friends when I talk about Israel. They think I'm a little 'off' to even consider moving there. Everyone around me thinks I'm crazy to move to "such a dangerous place." Please. So my desire to make aliyah is something I have to hide from almost everyone in my life, including most of my family at this point. And yet, it's all I'm thinking and praying about-- How can I NOT express it?!
I should give a plug for my mom, though: she knows I'm planning to make aliyah, and she doesn't think I'm crazy. She is supportive, and I have secret hopes that I can get her to come to Israel for her retirement. We are currently planning a trip, so that will be a huge start. Of course, her support was pretty important on more than just an emotional level: I will need to contact her aunt and uncle to obtain my aliyah paperwork (proof of my ancestry), so it's great that she can be sort of an intermediary between them and me. I could ask them to help me directly, but of course they would just pick up the phone and call Mom. It also just feels right to have her support.

2 Comments:

  • Good for you. Keep the blog entries coming.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:52 AM  

  • Wow. So when are you planning on going?

    By Blogger Ephraim, at 1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home