Aliyah on My Mind

Monday, July 24, 2006

This just in...

I just received another email about several free places to stay in Jerusalem. Here are the emails:

Hi,I have been organizing families from the North in apartments in Jerusalem.At the moment, I have room for three people in a vacant room of a friend's apartment, and room for 2 in a room of another friend's apartment. Both are religious families.If you know people from the North who could use this space for a few days, let me know.Liaura 052-6789494
_End_

(Note: If you call and stay with one of these families, please leave a comment on my blog so I'll know when to remove this notice. It is such a blessing to be able to help-- I'll keep the blog updated with any new offers of shelter. Also, a little plug for Realtors, since I am one: Liaura is a Realtor, who is finding shelter for people from the North, and is not charging for her help. Thank you, Liaura!!)

I have a large apartment in Yerushalayim. It it empty for the summer, but it's unfurnished. If you think that it can be utilized for our families in the north, please let me know .Greta 410-653-3347
_End_

In other news, tomorrow I'm going to the Pro-Israel rally at the Jewish Federation of Greater Orlando. It's open to everyone. (Well... I can think of a few people and groups who wouldn't be welcome, but the JF didn't mention those...) It starts at 7 p.m. at the intersection of Maitland Blvd. and Maitland Ave., in the city of, you guessed it, Maitland. If you live in Central Florida, by all means, come!! (I don't think either of my regular blog readers live in Florida...)

2 Comments:

  • I'll be calling Greta this morning to see if her aprtment is available. I have a family of 8 in Pikiin who is dying to get out.

    Thanks for all of your efforts.

    By Blogger rockofgalilee, at 11:54 PM  

  • rock of galilee-- great, I hope Greta's apartment is available. If it isn't, call Liaura-- a few days ago, she told me she found several more homeowners willing to help.

    By Blogger Yaakova, at 4:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home