Aliyah on My Mind

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

How Can We Help?

Hi again.
I've been wishing there were a way to help people in the North, and here's an idea.

A few months back, I joined a Yahoo group called israelanglohomes@yahoogroups.com , where individuals publicize their vacant homes (all over Israel, including Eilat) for rent. I keep getting emails from them, which I can't use right now.

At the same time, I keep reading people's blogs, in which it's obvious that it would be a very good thing if they vacated the North for the time being. For the sake of their kids, if nothing else.

So a light bulb went off in my head: I'm sure some of these homeowners from the Yahoo group would like to help out; many people are looking for ways to help right now. So I contacted the homeowners to ask if they are willing to let people from the North temporarily use their homes for free or at a greatly reduced rate, and now I'm just waiting to hear back from them. If you want to join the group, great! Bear in mind that it takes a few days to get approved, so if you're in a hurry (which would not be surprising given the current situation), you can check back here for updates.

I will also post this on some other blogs.

If you know of anyone in Israel with a room or a home to share, or anyone from the North who wants to get away, please direct them to my blog and I'll do what I can to help connect people with each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home