Aliyah on My Mind

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

How embarassing...

My dog does not keep kosher. As for me, I go back and forth. So maybe my bad influence is partly to blame, but... there is just no excuse for her (my dog's) behavior. Angel is an absolutely gorgeous golden retriever; everyone we encounter comments on how lovely and well-behaved she is. Unfortunately, her behavior around pork is a different story.
We've recently started going to this upscale pet shop, and they have these bins on the floor, full of cow's hooves, lamb's ears, rawhide, and so forth. But none of those will do for Angel; one sniff of that treyf pigs ear, and it's all over for her. Today was the third time in 2 weeks that she's picked a pig's ear right out of the bin. Then, so I can pay for the item, I have to try and remove this disgusting, (now saliva-covered) thing from her mouth, amid her protestations, tossing her head this way and that like a horse, in front of whoever happens to be watching.
Maybe if we make aliyah, these items won't be available in pet stores. One can only hope.
My cat, on the other hand, loves salmon. At this point, it's all about the little victories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home