Aliyah on My Mind

Friday, July 28, 2006

More temporary homes for people from the north!

Liaura, my new favorite person in Israel, has posted the following on Israel Anglo Homes, a Yahoo group to which we both belong. She wants us (that means YOU) to provide this info to people from the north.

START:
Thanks to your efforts and generosity, we have been able to place 50 people in vacant apartments and families in the Tel Aviv and Jerusalem area.
Please continue passing on these messages to the relevant people. The current openings are:

Jerusalem & area:
1. 3 room furnished apt in the German Colony for up to 5 people from the 2/8
2. 4 room furnished apt in Abu Tor from the 3/8
3. Room for 8 in large family house in Kyriat Yovel
4. Room for 3 in religious family's apt in Old Katamon
5. Room for 2 in religious family's apt in talbieh
6. In Ramot Beit, large unfurnished apt. need to clean it and bring mattresses + folding table
7. Room for 2 women or teenagers in Kyriat Arba
8. Room for 4 in a religious home in Bet El
9. Room for 5 children w/ single Haredi mom in Neve Yaacov. The host is a nurse and is willing to help parents who need help w/ their children.
10. Room for 2 small children w/ a single mom in Bakaa

Tel Aviv:
1. 3 room apt available from the 8/8 in Northern Tel Aviv
2. Room for 2-3 people in an occupied apt in North Tel Aviv

The Northerners who receive unoccupied apartments will sign a document in which they commit themselves to leave at the pre-agreed date and have to give a guaranty check with to a lawyer which will be returned to them upon the return of the keys.
To refer Northerners to apartments, please contact Kim: 052-3056460

Liaura Zacharie
Real estate broker,
IDEAL PROPERTIES
Telefax: 972-2-5667664
www.idealisrael.com

__END__

Now back to my comments: If you or anyone you know needs a Realtor, please call Liaura! She's intelligent, compassionate, and has spent a lot of her time helping people from the north, for free. That's the kind of person I like to do business with. As a fellow Realtor, I definitely recommend her.

4 Comments:

  • What does Aliyah mean?

    By Blogger John, at 2:52 PM  

  • 'Aliyah' means to 'rise up,' and it's the term used for people of Jewish ancestry returning from the diaspora back to their Israel.

    By Blogger Yaakova, at 2:58 PM  

  • Oops! I meant to omit the word "their" before "Israel." Although I guess it kind of fits. :)
    Thanks for the question, John.

    By Blogger Yaakova, at 3:08 PM  

  • I have been reading your blog, and I have to admit that I find it interesting. I am Jewish, I have lived in Israel, and recently my reserve unit was called up. Not in the IDF, but in the U.S. Army. I am on my second deployment, my first to Iraq, and I have been here for a little over 5 months. I have likewise become accustomed to the rockets, mortars, and seeing guys who I live with getting wounded; luckily nobody has been killed yet. My grandparents and great uncles fought in WWII, one liberating a camp as a corpsman where so many of our relatives had been killed, and my uncle and father in Korea. My two brothers have both served in the Army; one fought in OIF I and the first Gulf War. My father always told us that we have been given a precious gift by the United States ; the opportunity to succeed and the security to do so. He encouraged us to go into the military as a way of giving back. And while I love Israel, the United States is my home. So my question to you would be "why?" Why are so many U.S. Jews and people of Jewish descent willing to serve in the Israeli Army (by extension of living in Israel) before serving in their own? When I was in Israel I was in a number of debates with American Jews (or Jewish-Americans) on precisely this subject. Maybe you have some insight into it. Thanks.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home