Aliyah on My Mind

Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Tomato Thief

If you are from the north and are looking for information on free places to stay in Israel, please click on the post entitled "This Just In." Possibly the one before that, as well.

This evening's post is not important. But it may be mildly amusing to dog lovers.
I've mentioned my gorgeous, beautiful, splendid golden retriever, Angel, in previous posts. This post is about her.
Angel loves tomatoes. I've recently discovered that she also enjoys blueberries, bananas, nectarines, apples, and carrots. I don't feed her from the table; I discovered her produce fetish by giving her items that I thought she would surely NOT like, as a joke. Well, the joke backfired when she snarfed up every type of food that I offered her, except mushrooms. She's just a produce-loving dog.
Early this spring, I bought 2 tomato plants. Because fresh tomatoes are so delicious, and, well, have you noticed they are usually expensive? So I decided to try my hand at farming. They grew admirably, and started producing fruit. Angel asked me for some tomato, which I gave her to show her that she wouldn't like it. Of course she loved it. And she took note of where I picked the tomatoes, and since then, I've caught her on countless occasions with her head deep in the tomato plants, looking for ripe tomatoes. She puts them in her mouth and gently tugs them from the vine, and oh is she proud of herself. I put fences up around the plants, but she happily jumps right over them. So now I'm back to buying tomatoes at the market. The End.

1 Comments:

  • We used to have a cocker spaniel named Fonzie.......he liked everything except celery!!! And he too used to snag the tomatoes from our tomato plants. frustrating, but funny!

    By Blogger Toto, at 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home