Aliyah on My Mind

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Two sentences that say it all...

I found this on Rafi's blog, www.lifeinisrael.blogspot.com:

If the Arabs put down their weapons today there would be no more violence.
If the Jews put down their weapons today there would be no more Israel.

Well, that's that.

If you've been fasting, I hope that has been going easily. The meaningfulness (did I just coin a new word?) of the fast sure is apparent now.

I'm sick of this war.
And writing that is unforgivable, since I'm not even in the war. People from the North, I am so sorry for what you are enduring. I pray that it's not without effect. What I mean is, I pray that after all this death and destruction on both sides, the IDF manages to truly debilitate Hezballah. That would make it all worth it, so Israel could at least have a little respite on the northern border.
You know I support the IDF. But as much as they are doing, and doing it exceptionally well, you can't deny that Hezballah's tactics of using civilian shields and "shoot and scoot" truck-mounted rocket launchers have been very effective. It's just too disgusting for words. May the name of Nasrallah be forever blotted out. Let's include Ahmedinejad in that too, for good measure. I also pray that the IDF won't have --any? many?-- more casualties as now they have to individually ferret out the rocket launchers, munitions caches, and Hezballah members. It's very dirty work, and the IDF has my huge appreciation for doing it.

So it's 6 a.m. here, and I couldn't sleep, which is why I'm posting at such an unbelievable hour. I am NOT a morning person.
I've been crazy busy at work this past week, which is actually a blessing, because I'm trying to amass some major funds. I'm now working on 3 commercial real estate transactions, which is fairly new for me. Two of them are international purchases, one is a lease, and that is also relatively new for me. It's been a challenging week, and the learning curve has been unbelievably steep.
I usually represent people to buy and sell houses (aka residential real estate) and I've gotten so I can practically do that blindfolded with one hand tied behind my back. (Okay, that may be an exaggeration, but it makes a great visual, doesn't it?)
Anyway, here I am trying my hand at commercial real estate. It's very hard.
A little background may be in order. I have a bachelor's degree in International Studies, and I went to school at the George Washington University in D.C. for about 3 years, until I dropped out and finished up at a state university in California (Hayward). I then got my teaching credential, taught for 5+ years, and realized that being a public school teacher is even less fun and profitable than they tell you. Now there's an understatement! So I left my teaching career behind, got my real estate license, and signed on with Century 21. That was almost 4 years ago. Most of my family members are also real estate licensees or at least R.E. investors, as am I. My grandfather (yes, the Jewish one, obviously) was broker/owner of a large Century 21 franchise in Boca Raton. That's why I decided to go with Century 21; it was already in the family.
Oops! More on my debut into commercial real estate later; I have to get going!
Thanks for tuning in!

2 Comments:

  • what kind of commercial deals are you working on? what market do you work in?

    take care!

    By Blogger Deyl, at 10:41 AM  

  • deyl-
    I'm representing a buyer in Ireland to purchase a small office space for his daughter's psychology practice, as well as a much larger office space. The lease is for a church building. I work in the central Florida market. Why do you ask?

    By Blogger Yaakova, at 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home