Aliyah on My Mind

Monday, September 18, 2006

You're the Best!

Hi All,
I think it's time for me to branch out and create another blog. I did a lot of thinking during my blog break, and this seems like the right way to go. I'll call the new blog "Finding Her Voice."

It looks like I will have to work on the parnassah (making a living) part of my life for the time being, and that requires a lot of focus. Of course, I'm doing that mainly in order to be in a position to make aliyah, but since my daily focus cannot be on making that move at this time, it doesn't seem appropriate to keep writing regular "life" stuff in an aliyah blog. So I will start a new blog, which you can find on my profile page, if you are interested. (And I hope you are interested!)

If I lose you, my audience, it will make me sad, but I will understand! After all, you came to this site expecting to read an aliyah blog. You've come to virtually know me during a pivotal time in my life: after I had taken a long sabbatical to focus on what I really wanted my life to be about. Now that I've answered that question, it's time to make it happen.

Another reason for a blog switch is that I want to explore what the whole Christian Zionist experience could mean to me. I may try writing some about that, and I wouldn't quite feel comfortable or respectful writing about those explorations in an aliyah blog.

The ironic thing is that now my aliyah hopes are closer to coming true than ever. My family is actively helping me-- sending me the necessary documents for the Jewish Agency, being emotionally supportive of my decision, and it's more than I could have ever dreamed of! I will post about those things in my new blog, as they come up. (It would be strange to keep going back and forth between blogs, so I'll just stick to the one for now.)

My mother and I will be visiting Israel in June, and she may indeed try the IDF volunteer program, or a kibbutz experience, either of which would be very exciting. During that time, I would most probably rent an apartment and start looking for a community and an investment property to purchase and rent out until I'm ready to move in. I am now also hoping my great uncle (and perhaps his long-time companion, Debbie) will join Mom and me on our trip. We shall see!

The cocktail party experience will continue on "Finding Her Voice," and I still plan to post those stories every Monday. They are just too crazy to keep to myself!

I hope to see you in the blogosphere,
Your friend,
Yaakova

3 Comments:

  • You can run, but you can't hide! I for one will be a regular on your new blog site. And down the road, when you are living in Israel, I will continue to be part of your blog circle (if you'll still have me)when you blog from your new home! I always wish you the best and for your dreams to come true.

    By Blogger Maureen, at 5:28 PM  

  • Maureen--
    Thank you, thank you! Your comment made my day!

    By Blogger Yaakova, at 1:23 AM  

  • I'll find you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home