Aliyah on My Mind

Monday, September 11, 2006

Ahhh.... I have arrived

This, to me, is the ultimate in luxury. I am currently lying in bed with my new laptop on my tummy and communing with the blogosphere. I'm wireless, powered up and in heaven!!! This almost makes my last few days worth the effort.

Mind you, I'm still a complete novice at the whole laptop experience. Every other button I push is the wrong button. And this darn touchpad mouse! Will I ever get the hang of it?? I bought an external mouse as well, but I want to try being wire-free for once. It feels kinda like skinny-dipping! :)

Here's part of an email I sent out about my computer setup process, so you can "share my experience" [read: feel my pain]:
(OK, never mind,because I don't know how to select a segment of text in order to cut and paste it yet. Maybe next time..) In any case, I did a whole boatload of work to get to this point. And I ate huge amounts of sweets in frustration. Huge, I tell you. I don't even want to admit how much I ate, but the scale seems to say 5 pounds. (Just kidding about the weight, but I really did eat a ton of junk food!)

My cat just jumped up on the bed, and is extremely threatened by the laptop. I'm waiting for her to attack it like she did when I got a new cell phone a couple years ago. (My cell still bears the bite marks.) Now my other cat has entered the bedroom, and is eyeing the new arrival with suspicion.

I had wanted to write a bit about the week's very challenging and educational experiences in commercial real estate transactions, but that will have to wait as I don't want my cat to destroy the computer. Maybe she's jealous, because the laptop has taken up residence on my tummy, which is prime real estate in her mind.

10 Comments:

  • Hey!! I thought you were taking a blog break! You just couldn't help yourself could you? Humph...bragging about your new toy...

    Lucky girl, have fun with it :D

    By Blogger Baleboosteh, at 1:42 AM  

  • BB--
    You know me so well!! ;)

    By Blogger Yaakova, at 1:46 AM  

  • lucy thinks my blackberry is a chew toy!

    maybe the cats were interested in the wireless mouse :)

    By Blogger Deyl, at 6:17 AM  

  • I hope the cats don't "mark" the territory!! As long as the cats stay away, the mouse will play.
    Enjoy your new toy! BTW, my cell phone is older then my computer! I am just an old fashioned gal, I guess.

    By Blogger Maureen, at 3:32 PM  

  • Deyl--
    A blackberry is a very pricey chew toy! I hope she hasn't ruined it! That's puppies for you. Excellent practice for the 2-legged kind of dependent, if you ask me. :)

    Maureen--
    "Cat and mouse"-- so clever, and true!

    Update:
    I left the computer on my bed a little while ago, then returned to my room to find Indy (cat #1) sitting in front of the screen, staring and doing the ominous 'wagging the tail' thing. I think my new toy really is in mortal danger. She's also made it very clear tonight that she's jealous of the attention I'm giving the laptop!

    By Blogger Yaakova, at 4:40 PM  

  • Mia-
    Great screensaver idea-
    I should try that! With supervision, of course. Thank goodness I purchased the extended warranty!

    By Blogger Yaakova, at 3:16 AM  

  • Its not the computer Yaakova.

    Its the mouse, haven't you heard cats don't like mouses[sic].

    Aaron

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:16 PM  

  • Bagel Blogger,
    What an adorable picture! I wonder how long it took the cute kitty to become a ferocious feline, mauling the defenseless mouse!

    By Blogger Yaakova, at 9:37 AM  

  • Come oonnnnn! Please blog again - I'm bored! We need you to blog again Yaakova!

    By Blogger Baleboosteh, at 4:56 PM  

  • I second that BB! C'mon Yaakova, enlighten and entertain us.
    Your fans(and probably the gardener)await you!
    Ok, here is a fascinating tidbit I learned at work (at least I am fascinated by it and as you are most likely aware by now it doesn't take much!)- -the YOUNGEST diamond is 1 BILLION years old!
    Damn, and I thought I was old.

    By Blogger Maureen, at 5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home