Aliyah on My Mind

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

What a day

Once again, I'm exhausted. Today was primary election day, and I was a poll worker. I was in charge of the touchscreen computerized voting booth at the voting precinct. These booths were mainly intended for disabled voters, but since they are brand new here in Orange County, everybody and their brother wanted to try them out! I worked from 6 a.m. until 8:45 p.m.

Our neighborhood association did this as a fundraiser. Our coffers are pretty empty after a recent unexpected payment, so a group of us volunteered to donate our payment for the poll work to the association. I am the 1st VP of said association, so of course I also volunteered. I tend to do a lot of volunteer work; I'm not sure if it's because I'm single, or what.

At this point in the day, I don't really care why I do it. Who has the energy to be analytical?

Hasta.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home