Aliyah on My Mind

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Sorry for yesterday's pathetic freak-out blog post. My readers deserve better.

I talked with my mom today, and she clarified a couple things. She isn't actually considering relocation, but rather going to Israel to do some volunteer work. She's interested in volunteering in a program that the IDF runs, which permits civilians to help out. She may also be interested in working on a kibbutz for a while. (Unlike yours truly!)
I would love to see her get involved with these types of opportunities, and hopefully at a later time, she may choose to live there as well. I mentioned that perhaps during a summer, I could rent an apartment while she works on a kibbutz or with the IDF volunteer program, and she seemed receptive. This seems like a much better and more manageable idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home