Aliyah on My Mind

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Technology Update

There are big technology goings-on in my little neck of the woods.
First of all, you should know that I'm rather tech-challenged. I'm great with power tools, and I can even do some electrical wiring, but I'm not so confident with modems, routers and the like. So my tech news isn't earth-shattering by many people's standards, but it's big for me!

I just got my digital camera back from repairs, which means that very soon I will have an image enhanced blog! My digital camera is a Panasonic Lumix. Although I like it, I would not recommend that anyone buy one like it, because Panasonic only has ONE repair place in the entire USA! I think this is ridiculous. The local repair shops will fix, and I quote, "any camera besides a Panasonic." That may be an exaggeration on their part, but still...
So $150 later, I have my camera back from the shop. Now if I could only find my battery charger.

Also, I'm buying a new computer! My current system is beyond old. It freezes up all the time. And running the Millennium edition in 2006 is just pathetic. Microsoft has even stopped writing updates for it.

The new, fully loaded "Dude, you're getting a Dell" notebook is going to cost about $2000. I just about fell off my chair when I heard the price. Since I'm very frugal, here's my justification: this will be my second computer purchase EVER, so I might as well do it right. I'll get some bells and whistles, like a GPS locator and a "streets and trips" navigational system, which should be a big help in my job. And in real estate, a laptop has become as essential as a cell phone. I also want to be able to travel with it to far-off lands. :)

One unfortunate note is that Dell won't sell a full warranty to anyone in Florida! Gee, I wonder why... It couldn't be the hurricanes or the daily electrical storms, could it??

Quick note: my dog just walked into the room carrying my new umbrella in her mouth. Apparently it's time to buy her some more dog toys! :)

1 Comments:

  • Gosh, you have so much going on today!

    I can't believe Panasonic would only have one repair place in the whole of the USA!? How weird! And how useless!

    About the computer, we brought a brand new dell desktop about 12 months ago and have never had any problems with it, there is nothing more annoying than a computer that keeps crashing especially when you are in the middle of doing something important!

    And the dog, don't ask me any advice regarding dogs! We spent $150 on 'Kong' rubber dog toys to stop our dog chewing everything else - didn't work...

    :)

    By Blogger Baleboosteh, at 1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home