Aliyah on My Mind

Thursday, August 17, 2006

This and that

For the funniest site I think I've ever seen (as in, I was laughing so hard I just about... well, you know..), go to this link! It's the site's disclaimer, and be sure to click "don't get it" at the bottom. But the entire site is funny.
http://holeinthesheet.org/disclaimer.htm

P.S. Someday I'll learn how to hyperlink!

Have I mentioned lately that commercial real estate is hard? I think that just scratches the surface. But I've never been one to back away from a challenge-- (a cursory look at all my ex-boyfriends would prove that beyond a doubt), so I've continued to plunge into these dark commercial waters where few women have gone before. It really ticks me off that this field is steeped in the "good ol' boy" network, and most of these good ol' boys (with more emphasis on 'old' than 'good') are intent on keeping it a male dominated business. Grrr.
I'll show 'em. I am now working on another commercial deal, but it's just a lease. And just so you know that I have a bit of charity in my heart, I'm also helping a single mom find and purchase a piece of land on which she plans to put a trailer, for herself and 3 kids to live in. It's all about the good deeds. :) But not as many mitzvot as I used to do, because now I have goals!

Speaking of good deeds. What is wrong with me? You know I love animals, but things are getting terribly out of hand. This week, for example, I dog-sat 2 neighbor's dogs. A third neighbor asked me to watch her dog, too, but please! This place is turning into a zoo! I've barely seen my cats all week. (They are hiding in the closet.) A fellow Realtor called me recently and teased, "I hear you're the one to call if I need a good dog-sitter." Gee, thanks! Does the adage "all publicity is good publicity" count here?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home