Aliyah on My Mind

Friday, September 01, 2006

Uncle Bud Saves the Day!

There is happy news in the blogosphere! You won't believe what I did. I was too bashful to actually call up my great-uncle and ask him about "The Letter," so I emailed him a link to my blog. Yikes! Anyway, he read it and responded in what I believe is the affirmative. Very good news, indeed!

I also called my mom today, and ~wonder of wonders~ she said she's also considering a relocation to Israel!!! She said it as if it were her own idea!! (Maybe it is??) She said that she feels she has skills that Israel needs. Now this is funny. Keep in mind that my mother is over 60 years old. Here are her "skills" that she would like to bring to Israel:
Her ability to (happily) shoot a gun of just about any type. Not to make fun of my mom; she truly is skilled in marksmanship. But I think she may be let down when she finds out the IDF doesn't encourage grandmothers to take up front-lines positions. (Let's just not tell her! Wait and see what happens!)
Her second skill is being a paramedic. It does not seem to faze her that she retired from her job as a paramedic --disabled-- over 10 years ago, and became a professional artist. Never you mind; she still wants to help out in Israel.
Personally, I applaud her spirit!
Ahh, the apple does not fall far from the tree...

So... look out, Israel! Here comes my mom!
Shabbat Shalom, everyone. :)

4 Comments:

  • Hi Yaakova,
    I was just at Eugene's blog and I think you will find his latest post most interesting.
    You may want to check it out.

    By Blogger Maureen, at 7:13 AM  

  • Maureen-
    Thanks for the tip. I wrote a comment on bunkerblogger.

    By Blogger Yaakova, at 8:00 AM  

  • Hi Yaakova,
    thats great news about the letter and your Mum too, congratulations.

    By Blogger Baleboosteh, at 9:48 PM  

  • Baleboosteh-
    Thanks! It's exciting!

    By Blogger Yaakova, at 5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home