Aliyah on My Mind

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

"Hurricane" Ernesto. What a wimp. Looks like Cuba pretty much did him in, so now all Florida is going to get is a whole lot of rain.
I had fun writing the invitation to my not-a-hurricane party, so I'll post it here for your enjoyment. I wish my blogging friends could come! But who wants to fly to Florida during a big rain storm?

Hi All,
I hope you will be able to attend tonight's dinner party, which is now called a big rain party as opposed to a hurricane or tropical storm party!
The event is no longer potluck (unless you would like to bring something, which is always welcome!) Here is the menu:
I have put a brisket of beef in the crock-pot, as well as some carrots, potatoes and onions. There are no side dishes. I have no time for side dishes. You may wish to bring beano. That is up to you.
On our libations menu, I have half a bottle of white wine (thanks to Lynn), and an assortment of reds. Of course, fuzzy navel wine coolers and rum and coke are available by request. As are any number of anxiety medications. (For both women and canines.)
For dessert, we will be having a dark chocolate fondue with almost-ripe bananas and peaches, and very ripe plums. It's the best I could do. We will not be having any cake with the fondue, because let's face it-- who among us wants the extra carbs?
For after-dinner entertainment, we could play "Worst Case Scenario Survival Game", which I have, or Rummikub (Lynn, please bring the Rummikub!)
We look forward to the pleasure of your company!

Again, Bloggers: wish you were here! :)

8 Comments:

  • Yaakova, your party sounds like fun. Wish I could come!
    Did you ever play Balderdash? Great party game. It is a word game and after a few libations it gets even funnier. Then you can change the rules and make it dirty word balderdash...I digress.
    I am glad you came thru the Ernesto ordeal unscathed. Just in case, at least you are up to date on your tetnus shots!
    P.S - Did you invite the gardener?

    By Blogger Maureen, at 7:28 AM  

  • Maureen,
    LOL!!! You crack me up!!
    Ernesto, the tropical depression, should arrive this evening.
    I'll have to look into buying Balderdash, as I love word games.
    And no, I most certainly did not invite the gardener. I plan to keep him off the radar, for my enjoyment only. Just kidding!!

    By Blogger Yaakova, at 7:35 AM  

  • Lol! I like Maureens question about the gardener!

    I'm glad you are ok!

    By Blogger Baleboosteh, at 12:32 PM  

  • You know Yaakova, maybe you can start a garden club!

    By Blogger Maureen, at 1:01 PM  

  • Hey, where in FL are you? I moved from the FtL area....but have also lived in G'ville, and O'lando......small world.

    and hey, the REAL question is, does your gardener look like the kid on Desperate Housewives???? If yes, then he deserved an invite! My 2 cents. :)

    By Blogger Toto, at 9:12 PM  

  • Just wondering how you are holding up. Are you still getting pounded with rain? Keep your blogger pals updated on what's going on down in the tropics there. Stay safe.

    By Blogger Maureen, at 3:37 PM  

  • EmahS: I thought you knew I was in Florida! I'm in Winter Park, near Orlando.
    And the gardener's all mine.

    Maureen: The storm ended today. At times in the middle of last night it was quite dramatic with wind and rain, but the only remnant of the storm is all the standing water in my yard. My dog is loving it. :)

    By Blogger Yaakova, at 4:39 PM  

  • I'm glad you are ok. On the up side of all of this, the rain will have caused a lot of work for your gardener! All work and no play?

    By Blogger Maureen, at 12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home